Tuesday, September 28, 2010

real estate racket

That's right. I said it. Real estate is a racket. They make you all sorts of promises in helping you sell your house, staging, painting cleaning, whatever. Guess what- it all comes out of your own pocket. Do we need a new roof we ask the agents? No, the house is priced accordingly knowing it needs a new roof. A very good thing you replaced the siding, the floors, the water heater, added a new deck, landscaped. Around $100,000. Great that you live on a greenbelt- a lot larger lot, privacy, that accounts for a lot. Bull shit! They are shady used car salesmen. Telling you anything they can to get you to sign away 15% of your house sale. That's right. I said it. 15%. They might tell you it might cost 8% total in closing but what they really mean is about 8% plus their fee of 6%. Not their fee of 6% plus 2% for a total of 8%. When do you find this out? After you get to closing, from the escrow company. Now mind you I already had a problem with the 6%. What are you doing to earn my money. Holding an open house- whoopdy doo- I can do that. Putting my house on the internet- la dee freaking da. Easy as pie in this day and age. I already felt ripped off by them and their percentage but now I feel royally screwed. They are walking away with $25K.. Know how much we are possible walking away with after 8 years and $110k in upgrades? $3k.. Yup, that's it. $3k. In order to sell our house we needed a new roof so are giving that to our buyer (something I mentioned in the beginning). People do not take into account if you have put in work, the neighborhood etc. they only look at square footage. We could have never done ANY work in our house and sold our house for the same amount and walked away with $100 at least. Note to self- never ever ever listen to agents, pay them an outrageous percentage or anything. Nothing they do is worth what they charge. They make tens of thousands with each sale and you walk away with nothing. The only positive about this entire experience is we are walking way with something. I cannot imagine after all this hassle having to write a check to the mortgage company. Although at this point I might as well. It is the same as walking away with practically nothing. It does nothing to help us financially.

I hate real estate. I hate real estate agents. What a freaking racket!

1 comment:

The Game Log said...

wow, that sucks... stuff for me to take into consideration. Sorry :(